Sunday, 1 May 2011

Listography: Things I'd Change About My Wedding

I discovered this listography over at Kate's blog and thought it sounded fun so I'd take part. This week's is 'Top 5 Things I'd Change About my Wedding.'

I married my hubby on Thursday 14th February 2002 at Blackpool Registry Office. Thankfully it was a beautiful sunny day and we had a lovely day. I might struggle to think of 5 things as our wedding was pretty much perfect especially as it cost less than £2,000 including my dress and honeymoon in Cyprus at a 5 star hotel.

1. I got married at 11.30am on Valentine's Day and if I was doing it again I would have booked the wedding for around 2pm instead to save feeling like I had to rush to get ready. Surprisingly I had managed to sleep til 8.30am despite being 6 months pregnant with dd1.

2. I wish I hadn't invited people to make the numbers up. We only had a small wedding anyway but we ended up inviting a family of 8 who we weren't particularly close to. Actually thinking back, I think they kind of invited themselves. We spent a fortune on the cost of having them there and whenever my dad or dh went to the bar for a drink, the husband was always nearing the bottom of his pint and so would be offered a refill by my hubby and he never bought a drink once!

3. I would have liked the whole church wedding but dh was divorced so we opted for a registry office job in the end. Especially as I didn't get to do the walk down the aisle bit in the registry office as you have to speak to the registrar together before the ceremony starts.

4. I wish I had been much slimmer when we married. I was 6 months pregnant at the time which was fine but I was/still am overweight. It limited my choice of dresses really.

5. I was quite disappointed when I first saw my bridal bouquet and wish I had gone for more colour in it as I felt it was quite bland. It also wasn't as big as I expected it to be.

So there's my list. Managed to think of 5, just! Maybe I'll persuade dh to do it all again next February for our 10th Wedding Anniversary!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment