Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Sick Sick Sick

We've all had a horrible virus. I don't think I've ever felt so ill and being violently sick. I was thinking of talking to dh about having another baby in a year or so but that sickness bug bought back memories of the severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum) I suffer from whilst pregnant and I don't think I could go through all that again now although I never suffered with it when I was pregnant with Gabs but when I was pregnant with Josh and Ellie it was non stop horrible and ended up in hospital lots of times on drips.

Gabs started being ill first but strangely was only sick in the night, usually around 2am she'd throw up all over her cot then be fine once we'd changed the sheets. This went on for nearly 2 weeks, followed by her not pooing for 4 days afterwhich she then had diarrhea. She then came out in a rash which the doctor said was viral. I'm not 100% convinced that it was a virus causing her to be sick at night as she was absolutely fine in the daytime and it seemed different to the bug me, dh, Josh and Ellie had which lasted just over 24 hours but left us feeling achy for a few days afterwards.

We took Gabs to get weighed at baby clinic yesterday as she will be 2 tomorrow and I wanted to know what she weighed as she approached her birthday. She is now 23 lb 1 oz and measures 83.5cm long. She's my dinky dot and is still easily fitting in 12-18 month clothes most of which I have to roll over at the waist to stop them falling down.

We have always had concerns about Gabs not putting weight on. At her 1st birthday she was 18 lb 8 oz so has only put on 4.5lb in a year. She eats fairly well with usually 1 and a half pieces of toast for breakfast, biscuit mid morning, soup/boiled egg/sandwich for lunch & a yogurt, snack mid afternoon and tea with us usually shepherds pie/pasta/chicken etc.

I mentioned to the health visitor my concerns about Gabs weight and how when she was ill with the being sick once in the night but fine in the daytime one of the things that came up when I googled was coeliac disease which my dad has. Her poos are always constipated or diarrhea, yellowish in colour and her tummy can look a bit bloated which matched lots of the symptoms. We have to take her back in a month and see how she has done with her weight then and keep a diary of bowel movements to let the health visitor know and they will see about referring her to be tested. I can't stop feeding her gluten in the meantime as if she does have it and has the test whilst following a gluten free diet then the test would come back negative even if she had it.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a long one about Gabs. I can't believe she is turning 2 tomorrow and it doesn't seem that long ago I was first holding her in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment